Monday, July 4, 2011

My "Light App".

 
Earlier this year, a friend and I were in the U.K. and we were following some other friends to dinner after dark in our car on a rural road. The check tire pressure message came "on" on the car’s computer then within a minute a roaring sound come from one of the rear wheels.

We had a flat tire.

When we open the trunk and got the spare out we noticed that one of the lug nuts needed a special tip to go onto the end of the tire tool in order to remove it. Because of the darkness it was very difficult to see what we were doing.  Then I remembered that I had recently installed a flashlight App on my phone and so I used it to shine a light in our darkness so we could see how to complete the tire change. That phone App was great and we were soon on our way.

I did not always have that App on my phone. There were many times I could have used it in the past, like when I came home late from meetings and had not left a light on over the front door so I could see clearly enough to unlock the door.

Just like the phone App there is a "light app" that is inside of a Christ-follower. It gets installed when we first understand our need for it and then we ask for it. Then it is “down loaded” into our spirit. 

It really is a marvelous light. It can shine in any dark area of our lives bringing understanding and wisdom for our marriages, careers, health and even our futures.  This "light  app" within us actually comes from Holy Spirit and he is an incredibly helpful person.

He knows everything all the time. So why try to figure out what He already knows? Just ask Him and He will turn your "light app" on.  Recommended reading (1 Corinthians 2. 1-16 and Good Morning Holy Spirit).

He will help you…

Be Life Giving,

Alex Anderson 

No comments: