Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fears Be Gone, "Ask The Right Question" (Pt.3)


 
On the flip side, there are emotions that are deep inside of us that drive us to do things with no apparent logical reason.  It’s because we forgot the thought behind it a long time ago.;  Iit is just an emotion now. But the emotion was originally connected to an idea. The idea now is triggered so deep subconsciously that is just happens.  This is how some fears work.    

Fear creeps into our lives over time and steals our innocence and life giving nature like they did to Adam and Eve.  The list below is a collection of many fears that we may be living with.   These fears may keep us from being life giving.

·  If I do that, it will too be hard. It will be too difficult.
·  We could lose a lot if we do that. It is going to be risky.
·  It will take a long time.
·  My spouse isn’t going to like this. It is going to break someone’s hearts. My mom will kill me. My dad will disown me. There is going to be so much drama.
·  I don’t deserve a raise or a better job. I get what I deserve. It’s my entire fault. I don’t deserve it.
·  It is not in my nature. It is not who I am. That’s good for someone else but not me.
·  Do you think money grows on trees? You have got to be kidding me. I can’t afford to do it.
·  I’m alone in this. If I do it, it is just going to be me. No one will help me.
·  Who would do that? I don’t believe this has ever happened before. I am not sure we can do this.
·  I am not strong enough. I am not up to this. This is going to take too much out of me.
·  I am not smart enough. Maybe someone else can do it but I am not that smart.
·  Maybe when I was younger but not now. I am getting too old for this kind of thing.
·  Someone will try to stop me. They won’t let me do this. My boss won’t let me do this. It is not the way we do things around here.
·   This is too overwhelming. It is way too big.
·  It is my personal family history that is the problem. You don’t know where I came from. I don’t have a Pedigree. You never met my mom.
·  Who has the time? I am way too busy.
·  I am too scared. If I was honest with you, I am afraid I will fail.


In the movie, I Robot, Will Smith’s character is trying to solve what he thinks is a murder. He has been giving a device that produces an interactive hologram of the victim. As he views the hologram he ask it questions. Each time he ask the wrong question the figure in the hologram says, “That is the wrong question.” Finally later in the move Will Smith ask the hologram the “Right question” and therefore gets results to help him solve the case.

Here are some of the “right” questions to help challenge our fears.  and hopefully unlock the doors that may have hindered us from being life giving.  

The first question is, “Is it true?” We need to challenge our fears. First we recognize which fear is holding us back, and then ask the question. . “Is that true?  This is important because we cannot afford to believe everything we think and feel as being true. This is why God has given the bible and Holy Spirit to understand it. We can challenge our thinking against God’s Word. Jesus clearly said that Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy but I have come to give you life and that more abundantly. It is possible to know truth.  In Mark 10:27 Jesus said with man it is impossible but with God all things are possible. It is truth that frees us from fears. It is truth that helps us rewire our emotions to be life giving.

So challenge the fear and become life giving,

Alex Anderson
 
Don't forget to sign up to follow by email
Permission to re-post with the Link http://belifegiving.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Heather Potts said...

No matter how many times I read this, it's just as relevant and important! Thanks for posting!

Heather Potts said...

No matter how many times I read this, it's just as important and relevant! Thanks for posting!